MMX8x4-HT420M is a standalone matrix switcher specifically designed for conference room environments. It has four HDMI and four TPS (HDBaseTTM) inputs with two HDMI outputs and two TPS outputs. 4K / UHD (30Hz RGB 4:4:4, 60Hz YCbCr 4:2:0), 3D capabilities and HDCP are fully supported.
MMX8x4-HT420M has a dedicated Special Audio Input Block with input ports for microphone and line-in. The built-in sound mixer allows for free mixing of the audio signals from the de-embedded HDMI, the microphone or the line-in. The Special Audio Input block includes a voice activation feature, allowing the volume of the voice of a person speaking into the microphone to be automatically focused, and the volume of the rest of the sounds to be lowered as soon as the presenter starts speaking.
The device also has two balanced 5-pole Phoenix audio connectors at two of the HDMI inputs. The audio signal direction of the port can be changed with the Lightware Device Controller software, so these audio ports can be either input or output ports.
The audio signal presented by the built-in mixer is channeled to one shared, balanced 5-pole Phoenix audio output, including the mixed audio of a selected, de-embedded HDMI audio, the microphone and the Line-in.
PoE 48V remote powering is available on every I/O TPS ports for cost-effective installations.
MMX8x4-HT420M receives and transmits digital video, audio and control to a distance of up to 170m over a single CAT6 cable. Using factory, custom or transparent EDID emulation the user can fix and lock EDID data on each input connector. Advanced EDID Management forces the required resolution from any video source and fixes the output format to conform to the system requirements. The unit can be controlled via RS-232, Ethernet or USB ports, but it also offers Ethernet, RS-232, Serial and IR command injection capabilities, allowing to send any control command directly from the LAN connection to remote end points.
The built-in Event Manager feature provides control via RS-232, IR, Ethernet, Relay and GPIO ports. The MMX8x4-HT420M is compatible with both HDBaseTTM extenders and HDBaseTTM compliant displays.
- 100 available event slots in ’Plus’ extenders
- Support RS-232 protocol for communication and control of third party devices like VC codecs. This allows the Cisco Room Kit login on RS-232–USB connection.
- Support to receive CEC commands for control of displays and Lightware Event Manager to automate room actions.
- Support to send CEC commands on HDMI ports for control of other devices.
- Support true Infrared messages using HEX codes to control TVs, media players and other devices with IR emitters.
- Cisco VC room integration compatibility
- Advanced control feature pack for 3rd party video conference collaboration
- 1920×1080@120Hz/4:4:4, 4096×2160@30Hz/4:4:4 or 60Hz/4:2:0 maximum resolutions (300MHz)
- Extends DVI or HDMI 1.4 + Ethernet + RS-232 + IR over one CAT5/6/7 cable
- Built-in PoE injector* for remote powering extenders
- Balanced analog audio output for audio de-embedding
- Audio embedding and de-embedding
- Adjustable analog audio settings (volume, gain, balance)
- Extension distance up to 170 meters (with CAT7 S/FTP AWG23 cable, 1920x1080p60)
- Frame Detector (analyze detailed video timings)
- Front to back cooling airflow
- 5-pole Phoenix balanced analog audio connectors
- Directly mountable in 19″ rack
- Built-in universal power supply
- TPS link quality and cable length monitoring
- Input cable equalization up to 30m at 1080p60Hz (with 24 AWG high quality DVI/HDMI cable)
- HDCP enable/disable function on input
- HDBaseT compatible
- Ethernet extension (100 Mbps)
- Vista Spyder and Barco Encore compatibility
- HDMI 1.4, HDCP 1.4 and DVI 1.0 compliant
- Quick and easy EDID editing and creation with Advanced EDID Editor software
- Device control via Ethernet (TCP/IP) and RS-232
- Advanced EDID Management
- Save and reload full crosspoint configurations as preset
- Front panel LCD menu and buttons for crosspoint control
- Intuitive control software for device configuration
- GPIO control ports
- Device control via Ethernet (TCP/IP), RS-232 and USB
- Supports HDMI 4K signal formats (4K UHD @30Hz RGB 4:4:4 or @60Hz YUV 4:2:0, up to 9 Gbps)
- Command injection on RS-232 and IR ports
- Fully non-blocking switching architecture
- Autoselect modes to automatically switch video and audio (first detect, last detect, priority)
- Built-in Event Manager control automation feature
- Supports HDMI 3D signal formats (frame packing, side-by-side and top-bottom)
- Pixel Accurate Reclocking
- No video compression
- Bi-directional RS-232 extension (pass-through)
- Uncompressed video up to 9 Gbps datarate (300 MHz pixel clock)
- Firmware upgrade through Ethernet
- Front panel LCD menu for configuration and crosspoint control
- Built-in microphone pre-amplifier and sound mixer
- Supports all embedded audio formats (including PCM, Dolby Digital and DTS high bitrate audio)
- Built-in video test pattern generator
- No signal latency, zero frame delay