Room Automation Controller (RAC) is an integrated room control interface device for collaboration spaces. RAC features a processor running Event Manager, the versatile, proprietary room control application of Lightware.
RS-232, 3x GPIO and 2x RJ45 ports provide connection to controlled devices. The unit is PoE receiver at the first RJ45 connector while the additional RJ45 connector makes cabling flexible, and can supply power to connected PoE receivers, when an optional accessory AC adapter is installed.
Special functions are available with the button on the front panel (DHCP settings, restore factory default settings, condition launching in Event Manager).
As a built-in feature in a Lightware device, Event Manager performs actions as a response to a predefined condition. For instance, if an HDMI cable is getting plugged into an Event Manager enhanced switch, it would respond to this predefined condition by performing a predefined action (or a series of actions) like turning the lights off, turning the display on and setting the volume. There are a great number of definable conditions and actions in Event Manager.
- Smart Event Manager room control system for collaborative space automation
- 2x Ethernet connectivity with PoE reception and transmission
- 1x RS-232 for peripheral device control
- 3x GPIO for motorized screen and shades control
- Real time clock with network time protocol and automatic daylight saving adjustment for Event Manager scheduling