Keep everything under control
MMX8x8-HDMI-4K-A-USB20 is an integrator-friendly, 8×8 matrix switcher for HDMI video and USB2.0 peripherals.
It has eight HDMI inputs and eight independent HDMI outputs, as well as a USB 2.0 layer that provides the switching of four external USB peripherals (such as webcamera, speakerphone, multitouch display, etc.) to four independent computers or laptops. As an additional benefit, the device offers full 480Mbps data speed over USB 2.0.
The MMX8x8-HDMI-4K-A-USB20 offers 4+2 balanced, bi-directional, 5-pole Phoenix audio ports for embedding and de-embedding audio signals.
Bespoke USB functionality
Unique USB functions allow seamless integration in Unified Communication and small Video Conference rooms. The ”USB 5V Host Detect” function recognizes when a USB cable is connected and performs condition triggering for the Event Manager. For example, switch USB devices to the last connected USB laptop if configured accordingly. The ”USB 5V PWR Switch” turns ON or OFF peripherals’ 5Volt over the USB cable.
”USB Disconnect” helps Cisco Room Kit Mini and Touch 10 control unit to switch between Webcam and Webex video conferencing operation modes. It also solves the problem when Cisco Touch 10 gets locked in USB webcam operation and touch buttons become unavailable.
Enhanced Room Control
MMX8x8-HDMI-4K-A-USB20 and built-in Event Manager automation makes the meeting room easy, intuitive and hassle-free: it detects powered computers, turns on the screen and camera, and prepares for the next call. Based on the specific configuration it allows auto-switch for USB and video signals. In other cases USB may not follow video, according to the application.
Easy Cisco Integration
MMX8x8-HDMI-4K-A-USB20 seamlessly integrates with Cisco Rooms, and also offers users unprecedented flexibility to utilize the Cisco Webex Room kits as a USB camera if they prefer to use a 3rd party video conference platform.
How to Get Started
- 100 available event slots in ’Plus’ extenders
- Support RS-232 protocol for communication and control of third party devices like VC codecs. This allows the Cisco Room Kit login on RS-232–USB connection.
- Support to receive CEC commands for control of displays and Lightware Event Manager to automate room actions.
- Support to send CEC commands on HDMI ports for control of other devices.
- Support true Infrared messages using HEX codes to control TVs, media players and other devices with IR emitters.
- Full USB 2.0 data speed at 480Mbps
- Multiple USB 2.0 connectivity for any type of USB devices (Camera, speakerphone, touch monitor, USB-HID devices etc…)
- USB-C Source Support (With external adaptors)
- Separate USB 2.0 Host switching layer for multiple USB hosts and USB devices
- Camera powering through 1000 mA output current on USB-A connector (e.g. Huddly camera)
- Cisco VC room integration compatibility
- Advanced control feature pack for 3rd party video conference collaboration
- Audio embedding and de-embedding
- 5-pole Phoenix balanced analog audio connectors
- Advanced EDID Management
- Supports HDMI 4K signal formats (4K UHD @30Hz RGB 4:4:4 or @60Hz YUV 4:2:0, up to 9 Gbps)
- Command injection on RS-232 and IR ports
- Built-in Event Manager control automation feature
- No signal latency, zero frame delay